Friends of the Chicago River has been mobilizing volunteers for the past three decades. Our dedicated volunteers have spent countless hours working to help us restore and protect the Chicago River. But there’s more to do, and that’s where you come in.
Sign-up today to become a Chicago River Eco-Warrior, and join the ranks of dedicated people all across the region standing up to protect the Chicago River.
We have many ways to get involved already established, but we’re open to your ideas too! Here are some of the things Eco-Warriors will do:
- Volunteer at established events like Chicago River Day
- Join Friends' Gully fixers to remediate gullies along the Chicago River
- Volunteer at the McCormick Bridgehouse & Chicago River Museum
- Show up at one of Friends’ restoration workdays
- Plant a rain garden in your own backyard
- Give a presentation at your child’s class
- Help out with special events or work in our office
- Become a Friends' intern
- And much more!
Do you have an idea for projects to support the Chicago River? Let us know!