Chicago River Evening Paddle
On Saturday, July 29, we will launch on a canoe exploration of the Chicago River, paddling using the light of the moon as the sun sets and night descends.
Our fun, knowledgeable guides will provide safety and paddling instruction plus all of the necessary equipment. This trip will start and end from the same location.
Click here to register.
- 7:00 p.m.: Meet at the River Park Boat Launch, in Chicago at Albany and Argyle Streets. Friends of the Chicago River canoe guides will meet participants on site and provide them with paddles and personal flotation devices. Street parking is available, though some streets close to the park are permit-only. The Francisco Brown Line stop is only a few blocks away.
- Guides will provide a safety and how-to-paddle orientation.
- 7:30 p.m.: Launch and canoe along the river as the sun sets. We will have enough natural light to paddle but will also have artificial lights available if need be.
- Depending on group interest, make stops to discuss wildlife, habitat restoration, stormwater infrastructure, and other topics.
- 10:00 p.m.: Return to the boat launch, and depart.
Ages 5 and up. Each canoe seats two paddlers, with the option for a third non-paddler to sit in the middle. This trip costs $45 per person, $40 for members, $20 for children under the age of 10. Trip costs may be refunded up to a week in advance. Any cancellations within 7 days of the trip are non-refundable. If trips are cancelled due to weather and/or hazardous conditions, participants will be offered the option of rescheduling or will be fully refunded. Click here for other trip FAQs.
Click here to register. Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email with detailed information about the night's paddle, including a map to the meeting location. We will also email trip guests a reminder the week before their trip.
Questions? Contact Claire Snyder: firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 939-0490 ext 14.