Friends' Summer Speaker Series on the Riverwalk
Save your Monday lunches for the Chicago Riverwalk and gain perspective on river related topics. We invite you to join us every Monday from 12:15 to 12:45 p.m. to hear an expert tell you a little bit about the river, wildlife or architecture along the river. It is free and open to the public. Join us on the museum's outdoor plaza on the Riverwalk.
Join us on July 11th.
Our inaugural speaker is Ernest C. Wong, site design group, LTD.
The Chicago River's Economic Engine
Here's the rest of the line up:
- Birds, Bees and Bass: Nature on the Chicago River by Zhanna Yermakov, Chicago Park District (7/18)
- The Latest on the Riverwalk by Gina Ford, Sasaki Associates (7/25)
- The Importance of the Michigan Avenue Bridge by Pat McBriarty, PTM Werks (8/1)
- Turning Toward the River: Decades of Water Quality Improvements and Impacts on the Fish Community in Chicago Waterways by Jennifer Wasik, MWRD (8/8)
- Invasive Species - Asian Carp by Dr. Philip Willink, The Shedd Aquarium (8/15)
- Incorporating Native Plants into Urban Gardens by Kris Sorich, Chicago Department of Transportation (8/22)
- Swimming in the Chicago River by John Quail, Friends of the Chicago River (8/29)
In the event of rain, follow @bridgehousemuse on twitter for updates or call (312) 977-0227.
This series is in partnership with the City of Chicago and provides fun programming on the Chicago Riverwalk that can be enjoyed while actually sitting along the river. Come learn about our remarkable river.
Location: 99 E. Riverwalk