Moonlight Lagoons Paddle
On Saturday, September 30, we will launch on a canoe exploration of the Skokie Lagoons as the sun goes down and the moon begins to rise.
Our fun, knowledgeable guides will provide safety and paddling instruction plus all of the necessary equipment. Free parking is available on-site, and we will start and end from the same location.
Click here to register.
- 6:00 p.m.: Meet at the Tower Road Boat Launch, in Winnetka. Friends of the Chicago River canoe guides will meet participants on site and provide them with paddles and personal flotation devices. Free parking is available in the boat launch parking lot. We will provide you with permits that will allow you to park in the lot after sunset.
- Guides will provide a safety and how-to-paddle orientation
- 6:30 p.m.: Launch and canoe throughout the lagoons as the sun sets. We will have enough natural light to paddle, but will have artificial lights available if need be.
- 8:00 p.m.: Stop for a break on an island in the lagoons. Some snacks will be provided.
- 10:00 p.m.: Return to our cars at the boat launch, and depart.
Ages 5 and up. Each canoe seats two paddlers, with the option for a third non-paddler to sit in the middle. Trips cost $50 per person, $45 for members, $20 for children under the age of 10. Trip costs may be refunded up to a week in advance. Any cancellations within 7 days of the trip are non-refundable. If trips are cancelled due to weather and/or hazardous conditions, participants will be offered the option of rescheduling or will be fully refunded. Click here for other trip FAQs.
Click here to register. You will receive a confirmation email, and we will send guests another reminder the week before the trip.
Questions? Contact Claire Snyder: email@example.com or (312) 939-0490 ext 14.