Chicago River Eco-Warriors (CREW)
When you volunteer with Friends of the Chicago River, you join the ranks of the Chicago River Eco-Warriors (CREW). We rely on year-round volunteers to support our mission to improve and protect the Chicago River.
Click here to become part of the CREW and receive monthly updates about events and volunteer opportunities.
Here is a link to this month's CREW newsletter, (so you can see how awesome it is.)
Friends, there are many ways to get involved, but we’re open to your ideas too! Here are some of the things CREW do:
- Volunteer at established events like Chicago River Day
- Volunteer at the McCormick Bridgehouse & Chicago River Museum
- Get trained to locate and assess gullies
- Join us on a Gully fixing workday
- Show up at one of Friends’ restoration workdays
- Organize Volunteer Litter-Pick Up Days, for your school group, church, or the general public
- Plant a rain garden in your own backyard
- Give a presentation at your child’s class
- Help with special events
- Help in the office
- And much more!
Questions? Email Annette Anderson or call her at (312) 939-0490, ext. 14. Friends is excited to partner with REI to support our Chicago River Eco-Warriors. REI shares our commitment to care for our natural areas and to get people outside to experience their wonders.