Field Trip Sites
There are a variety of sites for field trips ranging from city parks to county forest preserves, as shown on the map to the right. Field trip sites can be found as far north as Lake Forest and as far south as 135th Street.
Below is a list of sites arranged from north to south along the Chicago River system. The site numbers correspond to those on the map. Each link will display a PDF with information about directions, access to water, amenities, parking and capacity. Feel free to call or email us for recommendations on other sites not listed here.
Download a list of field trip sites with the site names listed below.
Northern Cook County
4. Chipilly Woods of Dundee Rd.)
5. Techny Basin? (S. of Willow Rd.)
6. Skokie Lagoons (N. of Willow Rd.)
7. Glenview Woods (N. of Old Orchard Rd.)
8. Harms Woods (Old Orchard Rd.)
9. Linne Woods (N. of Dempster Ave.)
10. Miami Woods (S. of Dempster St.)
11. St. Paul Woods (N. of Oakton St.)
North Side of Chicago
12. Bunker Hill (S. of Touhy Ave.)
13. Matthew Bieszczat Volunteer Resource Center (S. of Devon Ave.)
14. Lechowicz Woods (N. of Elston Ave.)
15. LaBagh Woods (N. of Foster Ave.)
16. Irene Hernandez Family Picnic Area (N. of Foster Ave.)
17. West River Park (S. of Foster Ave.)
18. Ronan Park (N. of Lawrence Ave.)
Downtown and South Side of Chicago
Southern/Western Cook County
21. Camp Sagawau (N. of Route 83)
22. Saganashkee Slough (S. of 107th St.)
23. McClaughry Springs Woods (N. of 119th St.)
24. Elizabeth Conkey Woods (N. of 135th St.)
25. Beaubien Woods (S. of 130th St.)
Field Trip Forms
If your group plans on visiting a sites within the Forest Preserves of Cook County (listed above as sites #4-16 and #21-25), please submit a Forest Preserves Education Permit Request Form as well.