Friends of the Chicago River has been mobilizing volunteers for four decades. Our dedicated volunteers spend countless hours working to help us restore and protect the Chicago River. There’s always more to do, and that’s where you come in.
Become a Chicago River Eco-Warrior and join the ranks of dedicated people all across the region standing up to protect the Chicago River.
We have many ways to get involved already established, but we’re open to your ideas too! Here are some of the things Eco-Warriors do:
- Read through our Volunteer Information Packet to get an overview of the River and the work Friends does to be able to talk about Friends and the River to your friends, family and community!
- Help us spread the word about Friends by tabling community events on behalf of Friends. (Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
- Volunteer at important events like Chicago River Day
- Volunteer at the McCormick Bridgehouse & Chicago River Museum
- Get to know your community and improve riverside habitat at Friends’ restoration workdays
- Plant a rain garden in your own backyard
- Plan a River Action Day with their business or community group
- Help out with special events or help stuff envelopes in our office
- And much more
Do you have an idea for projects to support the Chicago-Calumet River system? Let us know